Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thankful

I'm so thankful for all the blessings that I have in my life: my family, Jack, our home, jobs, and the way that God has provided for all of these things. Thanksgiving this year really was a time to spend being mindful of all of these blessings. We spent the long weekend with Tom's parents. We played with Jack, hiked, watched movies, and of course ate. Maybe it's because I am now a parent, or maybe it's because I'm not working and have more time to think, but I definitely felt that this year's Thanksgiving was less about the food and more about the thanks. 

Here's a picture recap of our weekend and just some of the many things I am thankful for.

thanksgiving 004 thanksgiving 005

Jane and I had our first experience preparing the turkey. Here we are stuffing the piping hot stuffing into the turkey. Man was it hot!

thanksgiving 006 thanksgiving 008

Jack loved riding his airplane and making the propeller spin around.

thanksgiving 010 thanksgiving 009

Thanksgiving morning we strolled through downtown Kingston and enjoyed a cup of coffee before heading home to prepare the feast.

thanksgiving 012 thanksgiving 013 thanksgiving 014

Jack got all dressed up for Thanksgiving. He didn't get to eat in his good clothes, as they would quickly have become completely covered in food!

thanksgiving 026 thanksgiving 029 thanksgiving 027

Bath time is so much fun, especially when there are bubbles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space