On Sunday we had Jack's first birthday party. It was the party that almost wasn't because of the ultra cold weather, snow, and ice. We told the family to be on stand by, and that we would evaluate Sunday morning to see if the party would be a go. We decided to go ahead with it and boy did we all have fun!
Jack knew, even before his guests arrived, that something was out of the ordinary. He kept crawling over to the dining room table, which was covered by a bright green tablecloth, and inspecting it. His first guests to arrive were his grammy and grandpa Boisen. They brought with them a chair that my dad had made for Jack. This was extra special because it is nearly identical to a chair that I had when I was a child. Jack immediately sat in it and basked in the attention. He was ready to party, wearing his birthday t-shirt that I made him (well, I didn't make the t-shirt itself, just the embellishment on it).
When it came time to open gifts, Jack didn't know quite what to do. He and I have been practicing tearing up magazines to get the hang of opening presents. He was very tentative, so I was happy to help him tear into the packages.
Now that the gifts had been opened, it was cake time! Jack got his own little cake to investigate. He wasn't too sure what to do with it when I placed it in front of him, so I put a little frosting on his lips. A little taste of sugar, and he put his fingers right into the cake. He still was very delicate, taking his time and trying to figure out how to best approach this strange food. By the end he had done his birthday duty of getting himself completely covered in blue frosting.
That cake was the most sugar Jack has ever had. About a half hour after eating it, he was wired! What a fun first birthday party. It doesn't seem possible that tomorrow (Dec.16) our little guy will be turning one!
Here are a few more pictures of Jack playing with some of his new toys and hanging out with his guests.
0 comments:
Post a Comment