We've kept plenty busy this past week, which is why I haven't had time to post any entries in the blog! The fact that I was sick in the middle of last week didn't help, either. I got Mastitis, which is an infection that is fairly common for nursing mothers. Most of Wednesday and all of Thursday were miserable. I had a horrible fever and was so weak that I could hardly move. I quickly realized how difficult it is to care for a little one when you don't feel good! Thankfully my doctor was able to prescribe antibiotics for me without me having to make an office visit. Once I began the antibiotics, I immediately felt better. Thank goodness!
On Friday we went with my aunt, Susan, to her community pool in Blue Ridge. Jack hasn't been swimming since we were in Arizona, nearly three months ago. As soon as he hit the pool, his legs started moving and he was splashing around. Susan and I concluded that being in the water was like crawling for him, a feat he is working on, but hasn't yet accomplished. Susan and I couldn't stop laughing as Jack motored around the pool. He didn't mind getting splashed and was mesmerized by all of the older kids swimming in the pool. He would have swam forever, if we had let him!
Because Jack liked swimming so much, we pretty much spent the weekend swimming, too. On Saturday we checked out Meadowbrook pool, which is an indoor pool. This is where Jack and Tom will probably take their swimming class together in the fall. On Sunday we went to Mounger Pool, an outdoor pool in Magnolia. This pool was great because it has a smaller pool that is only about 3 feet deep and super warm. We had a blast enjoying the sunshine and swimming!
Sunday night Auntie Jane and Tom came over for a BBQ. Jack showed his auntie how good he is becoming at eating his prunes--a new-found favorite! Another great weekend--WE LOVE THE SUNSHINE!
0 comments:
Post a Comment