Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

zoo 011Today was Jack's first visit to the zoo. We went with Grandma Rodda and spent nearly 3 hours wandering through the exhibits looking at animals. Jack soon discovered that the vantage point from the stroller isn't very good--you mostly just see grass, so he got to come out of his stroller at several of the exhibits to see the animals. Moving animals seemed to catch Jack's attention, like the brown bear--who decided it was too hot for him and eventually went swimming in his pond right next to the glass viewing area!

zoo 010Jack and Grandma also enjoyed watching the bright pink flamingos. I, too, got a kick out of the flamingos, which made me think back to my 5th and 6th grade years when I was obsessed with flamingos and palm trees.

 We couldn't believe how many strzoo 008ollers there were at the zoo. My stroller driving skills were truly put to the test as I attempted to maneuver Jack down the paths.

Outside of the butterfly exhibit there were some really cute picture boards--the kind where you stick your head through the hole. I couldn't resist a photo opportunity.  Jack doesn't look like he minds, in fact, I'd say he looks pretty happy to be a caterpillar!

One of the final exhibits we visited was the family farm. In this area, kids can look at all of the barnyard animals. Jack got to pet goats, see miniature donkeys, and watch sleeping pigs.  But his favorite animal of all was the cow. As we approached the pen where the cows were, one of them was mooing. Jack started giggling and everytime that cow mooed, Jack giggled!  I caught a bit of it on tape, of course!  On the video there is the actual cow mooing, and a lot of kids mooing too---Jack doesn't seem to care.


Video: Laughing Cow

zoo 012

What a fun day we had exploring the zoo. Thanks, Grandma Rodda, for taking us on such a fun outing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space