Monday, June 23, 2008

A Family Traditions Shower for Joanna

joannas shower 003 On Sunday I co-hosted a shower with my two aunts for Joanna, my sister-to-be. It was a family traditions shower, which meant that everyone brought a family recipe to share with Joanna. We compiled the recipes into a recipe book for her. My aunts threw a similar shower for me when I got married and I have treasured those recipes. It is fun to see what recipes people chose to share, and then neat to see how they built their gift around that recipe.

Matt and Joanna's wedding is only 34 days away (thank-you weddingchannel.com for keeping track). I am so excited for the big day and am thrilled to welcome Joanna into our family.

 

Joanna loves shower games, so we took full advantage of that and played several. Probably the most interactive, though, was the Wedding Dress Design competition. We got into teams and fashioned a wedding dress out of toilet paper. Teams were so creative! 

joannas shower 001joannas shower 002  

The winning team is featured on the left. Don't our models look lovely in their couture wedding dresses?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space