Well the weather certainly hasn’t gotten the memo that spring is here, but then again, it never really does begin to look like spring in the Northwest until much, much later. But with Easter so early this year, I decided to springify (probably not a word, but seems to fit) our house.
I’ve changed out my picture frame, which I’ve been trying to do for each new season/holiday. I had a hard time finding an Easter print that I liked, so I decided that I’d go with this one. You can print one for yourself here.
Next up was a simple bunting for my chalkboard. I’ve been having fun decorating this part of my house for the seasons, as well. Remember Valentine’s Day and Christmas?
This was really fun, and easy, to make! I was at JoAnn Fabrics one day and they had all of this adorable quilting fabric on sale for $2.50 a yard. I bought 1/4 yard of seven different colors for $0.62 each! Then I used my pinking shears to cut out the pieces, folded each piece at the top and sewed a simple stitch, and strung it up on some old jute that my grandmother gave me a while back. Whole thing was done in an evening, and for under $5.00!
The song lyric written below the bunting is from one of my favorite songs and is such a great reminder for me, especially at the of the day! You can listen to the song here.
This is now the second time I’ve done this Easter Egg tree. I LOVE it! The eggs were given to me by Tom’s family, and I love that each is unique. I love how they look hanging on the branches.
And finally, I made a cushion for the bench on our front porch. This has been a project that I’ve been meaning to do ever since we moved into this house 3 years ago. Better late than never, I suppose!
I also purchased some black galvanized planters from Ikea for $10 each, and filled them with some plants.
This project is not quite complete, as I plan to make some colorful pillows for the bench, as well. I haven’t decided on a color yet. Maybe yellow? Orange? Green?
And there you have it, spring has sprung.
Cheers,
Melissa
0 comments:
Post a Comment