Last weekend my girlfriend hosted a super fun holiday craft party. My kind of party—just a few friends, some yummy food and drinks, and CRAFTS!
Both the wreath and the garland were pretty simple to make. The wreath is made of foam and can be purchased from the Dollar Store or craft stores like JoAnn Fabrics or Michaels. I made it by simply wrapping yarn around the wreath. I found that it helped to hot glue each end of the yarn, so that it stayed in place. I created the little berries and leaves using felt and pom poms. A little hot glue holds them in place.
The garland is made out of felt. I made a template for the leaves and the berries, and then cut them out of the felt. They are strung together with a straight stitch on my sewing machine.
Begin by feeding one piece in the machine and sewing a straight line though it, then leave the machine stitching on itself (the thread will just weave together) and then feed the next piece of felt through it when you have your desired distance between pieces. It’s that simple! I WILL definitely be making more of these super easy garlands for other occasions throughout the year.
The chalkboard in my kitchen became the perfect backdrop for my wreath and garland.
Super simple, super fun!
Melissa
0 comments:
Post a Comment