Guess its official, we’re a club! But I’ll use the term loosely, as we don’t have any membership requirements, dues, officers, or mission statements. We do, however, have fun! :)
You may remember that we’ve met a couple of times prior to this. Our first meeting, we made Confetti Bean Soup. Then, in December, we made Scone Mix. For January, we made garlands. Unlike our last couple of ventures, where we all worked in assembly-line fashion to make one project, this time we each created our own garlands.
My inspiration came from Pinterest (where else?) and looked like this:

I had intended mine to be a garland that I could hang on the chalkboard in my kitchen, but it didn’t hang right. So I found it a new home in my dining room as a table runner/centerpiece for my table.
Another clubber, took her inspiration from this blanket-stitched felt garland:
Countless blanket stitches later, she had this cute little number:
Then one day last week, my boys and I were having some craft time. We’d hauled out Jack’s craft box and were playing around with the pipe cleaners. I started making some hearts and it quickly turned into a garland! Since my chalkboard was blank, I strung this heart chain up there and added some whimsical and colorful love to our eating space.
I never can manage to get a good shot of this chalkboard without also capturing my ugly kitchen. Any suggestions for how to better photograph this would be much appreciated!
Is it really February already? Is Valentine’s Day honestly next week? Seriously. Where does the time go?
Cheers,
Melissa
3 comments:
It's also somebody's birthday next week! I hope you guys have something fun planned.
-M
Both garlands are great but that pipe cleaner heart garland is my favorite!!! I may just have to run by Target and get some more pipe cleaners and do that on our mantle. Thanks for the inspiration!
The pipe cleaner garland is adorable. You are very creative, I'd like to try and replicate it this week with the kids.
Post a Comment