Wednesday, February 27, 2013

No-Sew Coffee Cozy

P1030390

I’m attending a women’s retreat this weekend and was asked to coordinate a craft during the afternoon free time. What fun! 

Now what to do?

I needed to find a craft that was inexpensive, easy, and useful. I landed on coffee cozies.

Women have been asked to bring a travel mug to use for the weekend for coffee and tea, so as to cut down on waste and expense. With 160 women attending the retreat, that is a lot of coffee mugs!  Enter the coffee cozy. Think of it like a charm on a wine glass—a unique way to personalize and keep track of your own coffee mug over the weekend.

Now I know that I say this about many of the crafts that I do, but I mean it when I say that this one is EASY!

Materials Needed:

  • pinking shears
  • fabric scissors
  • felt
  • hot glue gun and glue

Steps:

  1. Measure and cut a piece of felt using pinking shears. There are templates out there like this one, but I didn’t use one. Most of the templates are rounded, which works wonderfully for a paper cup, but is not the right shape for a travel mug.
  2. Glue the ends together. Wrap the piece of felt around the coffee mug and glue together.
  3. Decorate. I kept mine simple with a monogram. I glued the felt letter onto the cozy. You could dress yours up with buttons, fabric, or embroidery floss!
  4. Pour a cup of coffee and enjoy!

P1030389

Cheers,

Melissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space