Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ahoy, Me Hearties!

P1030332Pirates are big at our house. Jack was a pirate for Halloween one year, we’ve hunted for pirate treasure several times at our cabin, and we’ve got countless books about them. So when I found this pirate Valentine from Prudent Baby , I knew it would be perfect for Jack to give to his classmates.

The video is great and shows you exactly how to make the eye patches. They even have downloadable cards that you can print out and attach them to. How easy!  I would have used the cards, but I didn’t think that the skull and crossbones seemed preschool appropriate, so I made my own. Nothing fancy, just used a Word document and formatted it so that it had four cards on a page. I printed on cardstock and attached the eye patches like they showed in the video.

P1030328

Then I put Jack to work signing all of the cards.

P1030348

And convinced him to model the eye patches for me (only by promising him that he could make his best aarrrggh face!)

P1030345P1030346

Since I figured Jack’s teachers might not want to wear a pirate eye patch, I printed off this adorable card that I found on Skip To My Lou’s Blog. Now this one, I literally just downloaded and printed.

P1030358

I attached the gift card exactly the way they described on Skip To My Lou’s blog.  I used a hole punch to punch holes and then wrapped bakers twine around the card. I used a little tape on the back of the gift card to hold it in place. Pretty cute, right?

P1030360

Cheers,

Melissa

3 comments:

kirsty said...

love the perk card! and can't believe you had the time to make that many felt eye patches. you rock!

Joanna Boisen said...

You are SO CREATIVE!!! Amazing.

Kristin said...

Arrrr! So dang cute I had to subscribe to your blog to get up to the minute reminders sent to my email to be alert of your latest project.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space