Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Preschool Graduate

IMGP5260

Jack has graduated from preschool.  Just another of the many firsts that I both welcome and dread. I welcome these milestones because it is a beautiful thing to watch my son grow. And dread them because it all goes way too fast and I wish I could pause time to enjoy each age and stage more. I know every parent sings that same tune, but can’t someone just put the song on repeat?

IMGP5266

But preschool graduation has come and gone. Just like that, another milestone notched in his belt. His school did a special little program in the evening where the kids sang several songs and the teacher shared what each child wanted to be when he/she grew up. Jack wanted to be a firefighter (which was a surprise to us, since he has continued to say at home that he wants to be a mailman!).

IMGP5302

After the ceremony, the kids were rewarded with ice cream. Jack could hardly wait! I just have to pause for a moment and comment on Jack’s outfit. The blazer that he wore was Tom’s when he was the same age.  It was so special for Jack to wear his dad’s blazer on such a special occasion.  Wouldn’t you love to see side by side pictures of Jack and Tom at the same age?IMGP5311

Jack was not exactly thrilled to have another picture taken, but I just had to get a picture of dad and son together!

IMGP5317

This is Jack’s amazing teacher. She created the perfect environment to nurture little minds and foster friendships between the children. Jack adores her, as do we.

IMGP5322

And this is Jack’s PE teacher. Jack loved everything about PE and always made sure to wear comfy pants and his fastest shoes on days that he had PE.

So, we have finished the preschool chapter in Jack’s life book. The past two years have flown by!  I am so thankful that he spent those years in such a loving environment and that Emmett will get to have that same experience.

   Here is Jack on the first day, 2 years ago.                                And the last day.IMGP3658    IMGP5225

It’s official, Kindergarten here we come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space