Raspberry picking is becoming a summer tradition at our house. It is such a great way to get out of the city for a bit, and to return home with delicious loot.
The boys were experts at finding the really large berries.
Emmett was certain he didn’t like raspberries. Until he tried them. :)
The boys are great pickers. We picked 12 pounds of fresh raspberries. That’s a lot of berries! I usually make freezer jam with my berries, but this year I am going to attempt to do some real canning. Stay tuned for my adventures in canning!
_____________________________________________________________
Here are some shots of past berry picking. I just love to look back at pictures. One to relive that memory, but also because they reveal how much my boys have changed.
2011:
Jack didn’t come with us the first year because he was at “camp” with Grandma and Grandpa. Emmett and I went with a couple of friends. Look at how white Emmett’s hair is!
2012:
The second year both boys came picking and we picked 8 pounds of berries. I thought that was pretty good. Little did I know we’d be picking even more this year!
0 comments:
Post a Comment