Friday, June 22, 2012

Paint. Paint. Paint!

I’ve been on a bit of a painting rampage these past few weeks.

First project: spray paint bedroom lamps. I’ve wanted to add some color to our brown bedroom for some time and I thought that the bright green of Krylon’s Ivy Leaf was the perfect punch to do it!

I love the simplicity of spray paint and the visual difference it makes in literally minutes!  This project was a breeze. First, I lightly sanded the metal to give the paint a surface to adhere to. Then, I taped up the cord and top with some plastic wrap. Finally, I gave the lamps several coats of spray paint.

IMGP4348IMGP4349IMGP4352IMGP4353IMGP4354IMGP4355

I love how bright and cheery this color is. I haven’t quite finished this project, since I have am still looking for new lampshades. I want simple drum shades that I can cover with a gray and white chevron fabric similar to this one:

White and Gray Zig Zag Fabric by the Yard | Carousel Designs 500x500 image

I found my fabric at Hobby Lobby on sale, of course!  I will post pictures once I find lampshades and cover them.

Project two was storage for the bathroom by the rec room. Now that we’ve updated this room, this bathroom is seeing way more use, especially from guests. The bathroom got a new coat of paint and some new décor last year, but it was still in need of some storage. I didn’t want to spend much on this storage, so I was stoked when I scored this old entertainment stand at Goodwill!

IMGP4357IMGP4359

It was pretty scratched up, and was missing some hardware, but it was solid wood and a solid good deal at $5.99!

I gave it a good sanding and was able to get most of the visible scratches off the top of it. Then primed it and applied several coats of Benjamin Moore’s Surf City.

Benjamin Moore Surf City 731 - One Gallon

And here is the finished product. Not bad for under $20!IMGP4432

To cover the cord holes of the entertainment stand, I modge podged some scrap fabric on the back of it. I used the same fabric to cover some wooden knobs for the cabinet doors.

IMGP4429

I’m still looking for the perfect baskets to fit in this cubby, but I am super pleased with the end result.

The last project was one that I’ve been wanting to do for some time. I got a bee in my bonnet this week and got it done.

We were given this great table and chairs from a friend when they moved. They were in great shape, except that over time a lot of the paint had chipped off of them. I had some blue spray paint that I had bought when I did the lamp project, so I put it to use repainting the table and chairs.

In my haste to do this project, I forgot to take a ‘before’ picture, but I found this picture online and it looks pretty close to the state of our table and chairs before paint.

Little Tikes Wooden Table and 2 Chairs set is a Blue, White Baby & Kid Stuff for Sale in Saint Cloud FL

Again, a little sanding (which the boys loved helping me with) and a can of spray paint primer and we were ready to paint! 

I had chalkboard paint left over from painting the back of our kitchen cabinets (guess I never got around to posting this, so see below). I decided to use this on the top of the table so that the kids could draw on it.

And here is what they look like now:

IMGP4418IMGP4420

And here is the kitchen cabinets turned chalkboard. Yes, the kitchen is messy. Just keepin’ it real. :)

IMGP3667

IMGP4444

Paint. Paint. Paint. I just get giddy when I think about the endless transformations that are possible with a little can of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space