Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sleeping in Action

I always hear stories of how children fall asleep in the middle of playing, and their parents  find them sawing logs in a pile of Legos. I had never experienced this with either of my boys, until today.

Jack was the first to go. He and Emmett had been happily building a fort in the living room. Emmett had since moved on to playing in the rec room, where I was. I realized that it was pretty quiet in the living room, which for anyone who has kids knows, usually means trouble. I went into the living room bracing myself for whatever mischief I might find and found, instead, an angelic sleeping child.

P1020211

He looked so comfortable that I just left him. Meanwhile, Emmett really wanted to eat some tortellini for dinner. Even though it was only 4:45, I decided to feed him. So we made some tortellini together and went out to the patio to eat it. I sat reading my new copy of Real Simple as he ate his dinner. I happened to look up from my magazine and found that Emmett, too, was asleep.

P1020213

I transferred both of them to their beds, where they are happily sleeping right now as I write. So here it is, 5:30 and both of my boys are asleep in their beds. In their defense, both have been battling a cold or something all week long. Will they sleep all the way through the night?  Or will we be up at midnight with two bright-eyed, well rested boys? Only time will tell…

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I just wrote a similar post! I still can't get over how much Joshua and Emmett look alike. I think they are only 2 months apart. Sweet boys!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space