He’s been talking about it for months—taking the rings down the aisle to give to Uncle Tom. We’d practiced many times, both at the rehearsal and whenever we were at the church. Jack was ready. Ready to wear his handsome suit. Ready to walk down the aisle. Ready to hold the adorable flower girl’s hand. The day had finally arrived and it was time for Jack to be the ring bearer. He couldn’t have looked any more adorable in his little black tuxedo with the tiny bowtie, shorts, and black knee high socks. He looked like he had stepped back in time to the days when little boys wore suits much like this.
There was a moment of hesitation as we waited at the back of the church to walk down the aisle. Jack looked at me, literally trembling with fear, and said, “I don’t want to do it.” I reminded him how we’d practiced, that both Daddy and I would be standing at the front of the church smiling at him, and that he got to hold Addison’s hand. The moment arrived and with the organ blasting away music, Jack held the pillow and walked all the way down the aisle. He even smiled! I was so proud of him.
So did I get any pictures of him, you ask? No. But I have good reason. Both Tom and I were in the wedding, so we were unable to snap shots. The only shots I was able to get were before the wedding when Jack and Addison were mesmerized by Super Why playing on the IPod. I’m confident that the photographer got some great shots. As soon as she gets them to Jane, I’ll post them.
0 comments:
Post a Comment