Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Haircut

first haircut 002Jack finally got his first professional haircut. Both Tom and I have tried our hand at trimming up his bangs and the back of his hair, but scared that I'd end up giving him the dreaded bowl cut, I decided it was time to elicit professional shears.

I took him to a great place on Phinney Ridge that only cuts kids hair. They have a room in the back that the kids can play in while they wait to have their hair cut. It is complete with a ball pit!

When it was Jack's turn, he got to sit on a dolphin. As if that wasn't cool enough, the lady popped in a Baby Einstein DVD full of zoo animals. With the toy cell phone in his hand, the dolphin to sit on, and the DVD to entertain him, Jack hardly even noticed her cutting his hair!  He did, at one point, turn and questioningly look at her holding the scissors. But then, a monkey came on the video, and his attention was turned elsewhere.

At the end of his haircut, Jack got a certificate with a lock of his hair attached to it. He could have cared less, but I will be putting it in the baby book.

first haircut 004 first haircut 005

      Totally engrossed in the movie.                    What are those things?

first haircut 007 first haircut 008

          This is fun!                                            All done.

first haircut 009

         A new hairdo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space