This past weekend Tom and I left Jack overnight for the first time. We went to Portland with Tom's firm for a retreat. We took the train down and had fun just simply relaxing. I hadn't taken the train in a really long time, so it was fun to experience that again. We stayed right in downtown Portland, so while Tom was in meetings, I had fun exploring the downtown with some of the other wives.
We were treated to a fabulous dinner at a relatively new restaurant called East Burn. We were in a small private room at the back of the restaurant complete with our own two chefs. They let us watch as they cooked up delicious treats for us to eat. It was a really fun evening full of absolutely fabulous food!
On Saturday, after a morning of Powell's Books, coffee, and the Saturday Market, I boarded the noon train back to Seattle. Tom stayed, as the retreat went through Sunday. I had a very relaxing trip back up to Seattle, consisting mostly of reading--a luxury I rarely have time for anymore.
My parents stayed at our house and took care of Jack while we were gone. Jack had a great time! He was happy to see me when I got home, but I don't think he missed us too much! Which is good, because it means that we can do this again! :)
Sunday Jack and I had the day to just be together and play. And play we did! My parents brought Jack his very own pumpkin fresh from the MV pumpkin patch. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to snap some pics as Jack explored the pumpkin.
0 comments:
Post a Comment