Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another Week Gone By

I can hardly believe that we are coming to the end of another week. Where does the time go?  I know that I've been a bit spotty in my blog entries; I'm going to try and be more consistent. Until then, here is a recap of the past week's events.

bday party This past weekend Tom spent Saturday on a day hike with the Boy Scouts. They were up by Snoqualmie Pass and were blessed with a beautiful sunshiny day!  Jack and I hung around Seattle and went to Jack's very first birthday party. The party was for Linnea who turned four. It was a Minnie Mouse themed party (which would be why I am wearing mouse ears!) Although Jack was considerably younger than the other kids there, he was completely content to crawl around chasing after the other kids. He also discovered that when you go to a new house, there are lots of new toys. One of the favorites was the rocking horse. Here are some more pictures from the party:

 

bday party 005 bday party 007

bday party 009 bday party 012

Jack must have enjoyed himself because when we got home he immediately went down for a nap and slept for two hours!  This was perfect for me because it gave me a chance to get the house ready for a bunch of Tom's friends to come over to hang out and have dinner. I made a huge pot of chili and we had fun hanging out with the gang. We played a mean game of Trivial Pursuit, SNL edition, and we all quickly realized that we don't know that much about Saturday Night Live!  The night was super fun and easy. Since we were at our own house, Jack's normal routine wasn't interrupted, and we were able to be social.

On Sunday Tom and Jack hung out while I went and had some crafting time with Sarah and Megan. We met at Sarah's house and spent the afternoon making crafts and catching up. It was a much needed break for me and so much fun to be creative at the same time. We are definitely making this a normal occurrence.

bday party 015 Monday was a mini playdate for Jack and me with Karin and Caden. Caden is 2 1/2 and wasn't so sure that he liked Jack crawling all over him and following his every move. Jack, on the other hand, couldn't have been more thrilled to have someone to follow around and climb on. Caden was a good sport to put up with baby Jack.

Tuesday I worked a half day at Highland. I taught art and drama...what a blast!  I was primarily with 7th and 8th graders, which meant that I new nearly all of them. My mom was gracious enough to watch Jack. She even treated Jack and I to lunch when I got home from work!

bday party 016That evening we had swim lessons. Grandma and Grandpa Rodda came to watch Jack practice his kicking, splashing, and blowing bubbles. Jack was aware that he had an audience and made sure that he gave plenty of smiles and screeches as he swam. He even delighted them with a game of peek-a-boo, as seen in the picture.

Yesterday Jack got his flu shot. I was prepared for a very sad little boy to cry uncontrollably, but the nurse poked him with the needle and he just looked at her and smiled. No tears! 

Another great week has gone into the books. Each day brings me more and more joy as I get to watch Jack's enthusiasm as he explores his world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space