Thursday, September 11, 2008

Eureka! (or actually The Infinity in my case)

I'm sure that I am not the first mom to have trouble finding time to clean the house. When Jack was really little, it was no problem. He loved the sound of the vacuum; he even slept through it! Now, however, he screams incessantly whenever I turn the torturous machine on to vacuum. Because he is now scooting across the hardwoods in our house nonstop, this problem has intensified. I've tried everything from putting him in his Pack-N-Play and feeling like a tyrant as he screams to waiting until evening and handing him off to Tom and banishing them to the basement while I vacuum the upstairs at lightening speed.  This morning, however, I had a breakthrough. I put Jack in the Ergo, which snuggles him close to me. I held my breath as I pushed the power button. Much to my surprise, he didn't cry. In fact, he peeked through the Ergo at the vacuum with a look of (dare I say it?) curiosity. We proceeded to vacuum the entire house together without so much as a whimper. The Ergo provided Jack with the security of being right next to Mom, which made the big scary vacuum not seem so intimidating. SUCCESS, for today at least.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space