Today I got to experience what parents of twins encounter everyday, two babies! My friend, Keri, had a work emergency so Jack and I got to spend the day with Maggie Rose. Jack and Maggie Rose are only weeks apart, so it was very fun to watch them interact with one another. I soon learned that everything takes just a little more planning when you have two! While Maggie was having her bottle, Jack got a little jealous and cranky. I must have looked pretty funny as I tried to balance Maggie, the bottle, and entertain Jack. Despite the challenges, it was a great day. I had so much fun playing with the two of them. They kept turning and facing one another. At one point, they were even holding hands! Of course I took pictures of it....I had to!
This has been a very rewarding week since returning from my trip. I've just been soaking in all of the time that I have with Jack. Being gone was good for me. I had a good conference. It was nice to be around professionals, but I also found that my priorities are in a different place now. The weekend was the perfect amount of time to be gone. It was just enough time to be away and I was ready to be home on Sunday night. It helped that Tom and Jack had such an awesome time. My weekend in Texas was just as important for them, as it was for me. They really bonded during their "guy" time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment