I had the most special first Mother's Day. It began with a latte and breakfast in bed. Instead of a written card, Tom shared with Jack and I all of the reasons why he thought I was a great mom. It was better than any card he could have written to me. Once we had finished breakfast, we got the family ready and headed up to Mount Vernon to be with Tom's family. His grandma and grandpa were thrilled to see Jack again. Between the great-grandma, grandma, and everyone else, Jack got plenty of attention!
My parents were out of town, but I got to speak to both of them on the phone. My mother is with my grandma in Spokane. It was a very special way for her to celebrate Mother's Day. My dad spent the weekend with my other grandma. He took her shopping, did yard work for her, and even cleaned her house. What a guy!
After church, Tom took me out to dinner. We tried the new Mexican restaurant at University Village, Sonrisa. It was good. We thought it was a lot like El Camino in Fremont--Mexican food with a modern twist. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Throughout it, I was constantly reminded of how blessed I am to have such a fantastic family. They rock!
Pictures:
1. Great-Grandma Betty, Grandma Becky, Mom, and Jack
2. Great-Grandma Betty just can't get enough of Jack!
3. Jack ALWAYS smiles for Auntie Jane
4. Great-Grandpa Roy can't believe how much Jack weighs
5-7. Jack and Mom on their first Mother's Day
0 comments:
Post a Comment