Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gratitude

P1040591It seems that the practice of writing thank-you notes is dying. And that makes me kind of sad. Even in a digital age where we are constantly able to communicate with one another via text or email or Facebook, there is still nothing more meaningful than a physical, hand-written card.

I’ll freely admit, I’m not always the quickest at getting thank-you cards written, but I’m pretty good about making sure that they eventually get done.

And now that my boys are old enough, I think that it is important for them to participate in writing their own thank-you cards. It isn’t easy, but fostering grateful hearts, is worth it.

P1040589This year Emmett helped create thank-you cards for his birthday with watercolors. I wrote on the cards with white crayon, and Emmett used the watercolors to reveal the secret message. He loved it! And I think that the resulting art looks pretty cool.

P1040590

Writing thank-you cards is such a simple way to show gratitude. So let’s not let this practice die, make it fun or make it creative or do whatever you need to do to make it happen. I believe it is worth it.

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others." - Cicero

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space