Tuesday night was Jack’s Christmas program at school. This was his very first program ever. He and his class sang 3 songs: Christmas Bells (sung to the tune of Jingle Bells), We Wish You a Merry Christmas, and Christmas Star (sung to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle).
Jack was absolutely precious. And I say that with every proud motherly bone in me. This was the first time ever, as a parent, that I have felt the overwhelming gushing of maternal pride. I could not stop grinning and sighing and clapping. Not because he sang the loudest, or even because he sang the words, but because this is one of those parenting moments. I get it now. I get why people videotape their kids performances, and soccer games, and dance recitals. They do it because they want to relive that feeling over and over and over again. I do too. Being a parent is awesome, especially since I get to parent a child as awesome as Jack!
1 comments:
I love this! I have always been the music teacher running the programs and I'm nearing the time where I get to be that proud parent in the audience. So wonderful!
Post a Comment