Friday, March 18, 2011

A Date

I just got back from a lovely date—the symphony and lunch--with my favorite three-year old. I didn’t realize just how special this would be, afterall, I am with Jack every day. But it is rare that I get to spend time alone with him. That is what made today so special. Jack and I had an entire morning, just the two of us. I lavished him with my complete and undivided attention. And we both loved every moment of it.

We got to the symphony early, so we went to Soundbridge, the educational center hosted by the Seattle Symphony.

P1000331P1000337P1000334P1000335

After we’d tried out every instrument (some several times) we got chocolate milk and a coffee. Jack picked out the table and we sat and watched all the metro buses pick up passengers at the bus stop right outside the concert hall. Jack liked the articulated busses best and had fun saying the word articulated.

When it came time to be seated for the concert, Jack ran up the stairs glancing back at me only briefly to make sure I was following him. He selected seats for us in the third row, right in the middle. He showed me to my seat (what a gentleman) and then we proceeded to take funny face pictures.  The last picture (of me) was taken by Jack.

P1000340P1000342P1000349P1000350

We sang and clapped and danced in our seats during the Tiny Tot concert. Today we learned about string instruments. Jack and I both liked the cello best. When the concert was over we left hand in hand.

Jack chose our lunch destination—Ivars. We sat in the fish bar on Lake Union sipping hot clam chowder and laughing over our favorite game: disappearing food. This game is a classic in our family. Hold a spoon or fork full of food out, look away, ponder how tasty the food is going to be, and then act completely befuddled when the food “disappears” off of your fork/spoon.  Jack made an entire bowl of clam chowder disappear! After lunch we paused for another quick funny picture.

P1000352

I even got an impromptu kiss on the cheek during one of the pictures.

P1000357

SIGH…what a perfect date!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space