Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Projects

Despite the hustle and bustle this season brings, I’ve been able to do some projects. For many people, this might mean more stress, but for me, it is a great stress release. I love the way being creative makes me feel, and I find great satisfaction is creating things with my hands.

Bathroom Mini Makeover

projects 061 This one happened by accident. I was attempting to touch up the paint in the bathroom off of our rec room. What I discovered, is that the paint in this bathroom was so thin (and so poorly painted) that anywhere I touched up, was a completely different color. So, I took on painting this bathroom. Thankfully, I was able to use paint we already had. Hard to tell from the picture, due to bad lighting, but this color is the same one as in our kitchen—a khaki color. After painting walls, ceiling, and trim (from bare wood to white), I made a new curtain valance, added new draw pulls, and got a new vanity light-- and called it good. I still need to put some new art on the walls, but that can wait.

 

Hosted a Baby Shower

december 014 My sister-in-law is due with the first baby girl in the family! Naturally, I couldn’t resist throwing her a baby shower. Joanna loves sweets, and given that the baby is a girl, I themed it around the rhyme, Sugar and spice and all things nice, that’s what little girls are made of. My mom and I had so much fun hosting and showering Joanna with love and well wishes!

december 008december 006 

My mom made these adorable favors—cinnamon sugar. I had fun making these onesies.I wish I would have taken a better picture. They have shoes, purses, and little birds on them.  Yummy cupcakes and candies made for decorations on the table.

december 004 december 003

december 016The attendees pose for a picture.

 

Christmas Wreath

projects 050

projects 047 I’ve had these brightly colored Christmas ornaments for several years now. Most years I just put them in a giant clear glass trifle bowl and use them as a centerpiece on my table.

This year, I decided to make them into a wreath. I love the internet—you can find how to do anything on it! This wreath is incredibly simple, just bend a wire hanger into a circle, untwist the hook, string the ornaments onto the wire, and twist back up. I love how cheery and festive this makes my door feel!

 

Christmas Tree Pillow

projects 029  A friend and I saw a pillow just like this at Crate & Barrel a few months back. When I looked closer at it I thought I can do that.  And I made a mental note to do just that. So again, I quickly searched the internet and found someone else who had thought the very same thing. Using her instructions as a guideline, I made one of my own. 

I’m really pleased with the way that it turned out. I wasn’t sure during the process that it would. So I plan to give it to that friend for Christmas. Sure hope she doesn’t read this today!

projects 007 MerriePillow12inF10

Here’s mine. And on the right is the inspiration.  Not bad, huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space