Monday, April 26, 2010

My Budding Artist

P4264497 After being gone the entire weekend, I decided to hang at home this morning with the boys.  Jack got an easel for his birthday and he’s had lots of fun using the chalkboard, whiteboard, and paper. But, I’ve never had the courage to let him paint on it. Well, today I decided to give it a try. 

P4264491 I convinced Jack to wear his smock so that his jammies would stay protected. And I admit that he was fairly patient as I poured the paint into the containers. I had a small conversation with him about where the paint should and should not be. Then, I turned him loose to paint. I admit that it was fun watching his excitement as he dipped the brushes into the different colors of paint. Each time he did, he exclaimed, “Look Mommy!” But as I watched him paint, I kept imagining what must be going through his little two-year old head as he painted. Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if I put the paint on the floor. What does it look like on the walls? Monty? Emmett? My mouth?

P4264494Thankfully, my fears were unsubstantiated. Well, almost. He did try putting the paintbrush in his mouth. And he experimented  painting with hands, which is really part of the fun, right?  He was so proud of his artwork. It is drying, as we speak, so that he can show it to Daddy tonight. I DID have fun watching him paint. But, I think next time I’ll let him do it outside. :)

1 comments:

Oh Joy said...

I usually read your blog on my reader - so I haven't been over here in awhile. Anyway - I LOVE the new blog title! Isn't life with two little guys AMAZING!?

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space