Well, it isn’t finished yet, although the painters said they will be finished today (yippee), but I thought I’d give an update on the progress of the family room.
In my last post I mentioned that I had begun removing the wallpaper. Against my better judgment I declined the painters’ offer to remove it, thinking that I would save us a few bucks. Many, many hours of intense labor later, I was wishing I could take it all back and have them JUST DO IT. I removed wallpaper in our old house, so I wasn’t anticipating the labor this was going to entail. I think the difference this time around was that this wallpaper was REALLY old, possibly original, since the painters said they thought it was just plain drywall behind it. Whatever the case may have been, it took a lot of painstaking scraping to remove that paper and the glue that had been used on it. Removing the glue involved using a highly toxic cleaner called TSP and literally scrubbing the walls until the glue came off. The good news is it did finally come clean. Mark my words, I will NEVER put wallpaper on a wall. Ever. Unfortunately, the previous owners of this home did not share my idea and there are three more rooms with wallpaper that will need to be removed. I’ll tackle that later.
The painters came on Wednesday to begin patching the drywall and texturing it to match the existing textured walls. Today, they are painting. I can’t wait to have it painted and done so that we can begin using that room again.
When it is finished and the furniture is back in the room, I’ll post a picture of the finished product!
0 comments:
Post a Comment