Okay, so I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at having to try and fill in the blanks of this blog from the past 3 months. In an attempt to do that, I am going to give the highlights since July and maybe eventually I’ll have time to post more in depth about some of these events.
Pirates—from pirate ship spottings to treasure hunts, the boys couldn’t get enough of pirates this summer!
thomas the train—a fun day spent with Grandma at Thomas the train. A train ride, a picnic, and lots and lots of Thomas!
Building a fort! Dad and the boys built a fantastic fort in the backyard complete with a swing, pulley system, and spy holes.
Berry Picking—Emmett and I went berry picking with some friends. The kids had more fun running up and down the rows and eating berries than actually picking them. I made my first batch of freezer jam—so simple, and so delicious!
Coeur D’ Alene—Hard to think of a better place for two little boys to hang out than a cabin at a lake. And we got to go twice! We swam, drove the boat, looked for pirates and buried treasure, fished off the dock, rode bikes, and roasted marshmallows. Pure delight for our two little guys!
walla walla rodeo—and then the boys got to go the fair and the rodeo with Grandma and Grandpa!!! Decked out in their cowboy best, the boys saw tractors, cows, horses, corndogs, and most of all rides. Jack and Tom spent an entire afternoon on the rides. There was no stopping Jack!
around the house—We played hard, but we also tackled a few projects around the house. We tore down the horrible (and quite feminine) wallpaper in Emmett’s room and repainted. That was a week of torture—no one, in my opinion, should EVER put up wallpaper. It is SO difficult to remove, especially the old stuff! We also had 10 yards (that is an entire dumptruck) of dirt delivered to our driveway. We moved it all into our flowerbeds!
Just realized that I haven’t yet taken any “after” pictures. The walls are Benjamin Moore’s Hazy Skies. I’ll have to take some pictures of his room now that the dreadful wallpaper is down!
Starting preschool—Hard to believe, but Jack is in preschool. He goes a couple days a week and absolutely LOVES it! I love dropping him off each morning and watching him run off on the playground to play with his friends. I wish so much I could be a little fly on the wall of his classroom and see what he is like during class.
Stitches—And then there was the not-so-fun part of the summer when Emmett had to get stitches in his lip. Thankfully, it was just two stitches, and thankfully we live so close to a wonderful children’s hospital. Hopefully Emmett won’t have any concrete face plants again any time soon! :(
two years old!--And then, of course, our little guy turned two (how is that even possible?!), but I’ll save that for another post…I promise!!!
So there you have it, the past 3 months in condensed format. Hopefully I’ll be posting again soon! Enjoy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment