I hadn’t been to one of these places in forever. Not since I was a kid. We went on Good Friday, after meeting Daddy downtown at his work and spending some time at the Aquarium. We were at the restaurant right when it opened (4:30). As we waited to be seated, we were sure that we’d be the only ones there that early. That’s when we began to notice the steady stream of minivans pulling into the parking lot. By the time we were seated, the place was packed with families just like us. The boys were so excited because we got to sit in the trolley car. As if that wasn’t cool enough, we saw 3 trains go by during dinner. At one point Jack looked at us and said, “This place is awesome!” And it was.
Perhaps the best part was watching Emmett eat his spaghetti. He had a serious plate to attack, and he went after it with vigor. By the end, his face was covered in sauce, he had noodles stuck to his head, and the floor was completely covered with his dinner. And then they brought the ice cream…
We walked out of the there completely covered in spaghetti, stuffed to the gills, and totally happy.
1 comments:
I can't get over how much Emmett and Joshua look alike! I think they are only a few months apart so it makes sense, but really, they have very similar coloring and features. I'm happy to have some new posts, I missed reading about your family!
Post a Comment