Tuesday, February 8, 2011

While They Were Sleeping: Refashioned Earrings

021I’ve got several old necklaces just sitting in my jewelry box. None of them are expensive, in fact, most of them I’ve picked up at stores like Forever 21 and H&M.  I still like them, but they just aren’t working for me in their current state. They need a change. So, I decided to experiment a little and refashion them into earrings. Here’s how I did it:

 

What you Need:

009

an old necklace (mine was from Forever 21)

014

needle nose pliers (borrowed from my husband’s toolbox)

ear wires (or old earrings that you can take apart)

I simply took apart the old necklace by undoing the jump rings. Then I reattached the jump rings to my ear wires. I had several pairs of old earrings that I never wear, so I just used the ear wires from them.   Here are a couple pairs of earrings that I made.

018 023

Super simple project. And cost me NOTHING! Are you feeling inspired?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space