Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Few Things…

I know, I know, my blog posts have been splotchy, at best. Maybe I can blame it on the change in the weather—fall is definitely here. Every year, I mourn the end of summer only to remember how much I LOVE fall. So, in the spirit of fall, here are a few of the fallish things we’ve been up to lately.

sept 003

Husky games. We took the boys to the Syracuse game (which we won—yippee). It was no small feat to pack up the family, find parking, get to our seats, and then entertain a 2 year old during the game. But, we made it to the end of the 3rd quarter!  I must give ALL of the credit to Tom who ran all over Husky stadium, and beyond, to keep Jack entertained. I had a great time watching the game with Emmett snuggled up to me in the Ergo.

sept 002 Crafts.  I love to craft, but I rarely find the time (go figure, right?). The turn of the weather, coupled with the need to be creative, has spurred me to do some crafting. I’m currently obsessed with pumpkins. These are some that I’ve made. There are super simple (really, they are!). I can’t take credit for the design, but here is who can: Fabric Pumpkin Tutorial

sept 010 sept 008 sept 009

sept 006  Yard work. Believe it or not, I actually like doing it! I’ve been wanting to take out the large, overgrown shrubs (which are now more like small trees) for quite some time. I think they’ll make our home look less dated and will let more light in.  So far, I’ve taken out the two big ones directly behind the lamppost (between the house and the carport). I’m finding that I have to take them out one week at a time because I don’t have enough room in yard waste.  It is so satisfying to chop those suckers down!  I’ll post more pictures as I hack more down.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Melissa, I love those pumpkins! Maybe I need to lean how to sew. I doubt my 7th grade skills will be enough for the task!

Karin Greco said...

Always love seeing what you guys are up to....house developments, your latest craft and of course those cutie boys! Miss ya so!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space