I admit, I’ve had my doubts about whether children living in the city can have the same experiences that those living outside of the city can. Saturday was a perfect example of how kids can be kids, where ever they are!
After a morning spent with friends playing at the beach, and a good nap, Jack was ready to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. All of the neighborhood kids were outside. The boy across the street had his slip-n-slide out, and was busily filling up water balloons with two other neighborhood friends. Jack and Martina (who is 4 and lives next door to us) wanted to join in the fun, so I hauled out the sprinkler. The two of them squealed with delight each time they ran through it. I don’t know who had more fun—the kids playing in the water, or me watching them. I felt so happy watching Jack play with the neighborhood kids. This is exactly why we chose a house such as this one, in a neighborhood like this. We wanted Jack and Emmett to be able to have these simple pleasures, like running through sprinklers with neighborhood friends. I am so thankful that we found this place to call home.
0 comments:
Post a Comment