Appreciated. Loved. Blessed. I know that Mother’s Day is a time to be thankful for our mothers (and I AM!), but as a mother, it was a day that reminded me of how thankful I am to BE a mother.
My day began with breakfast in bed handmade for me by Tom and Jack. Jack was so proud of the yogurt, granola, fresh fruit, and coffee as he helped Daddy bring it in on a tray. He sat with me as I ate, prompting me to try each of the items on the tray.
After breakfast, Jack and I got to be detectives together. Tom had created a set of clues for me to find, leading me to my present. Jack thought it was super cool to hunt for the little slips of paper. With each one that we found, he’d hand me the paper, wait for me to read it aloud, and then grab my hand to race to the next clue. At the end of the trail, a hummingbird feeder awaited me. It is already hanging outside our living room window. Jack can hardly wait for the first hummingbird to sample its sweet sugar.
I wrestled a little with my boys before heading out on a run. The Rock-n-Roll half-marathon is a little over a month away and I am working to get my distance up. Yesterday I did 7 miles, which is the furthest I’ve gone to date. Surprisingly, I’m enjoying it—I find that when I run I am able to clear my head and get back in tune with my body.
After showers and such, we got in the car to head to MV. We joined my brother and Joanna, my aunt, uncle, and cousin, and my grandmother at my parent’s house for a late afternoon lunch. My incredible mom prepared a delicious spread. Jack and Emmett soaked up every ounce of the good weather. We played outside the entire afternoon. It was awesome.
Throughout the day I felt loved. I felt appreciated. I felt blessed. I felt like I am exactly where I am supposed to be, doing exactly what I am being called to do right now—love my boys.
0 comments:
Post a Comment