Friday, May 1, 2009

Smelling Flowers and Penguins!

I took these pictures last week while Jack and I were playing outside, but I am just now getting around to sharing them on our blog. Jack's newest thing is to smell flowers. As you can see from the pictures, it is more like kissing/licking the flowers. He loves to do this on our walks. I've been trying to get him to just sniff with his nose, but he seems to like this way more.

odds n ends 002 odds n ends 003

It is so beautiful outside today that I knew Jack and I had to spend it outside. So we spent the morning at the zoo. What a day for the zoo. It just so happened to be the big opening of the new penguin exhibit with today being a preview day for members. The line to get into the exhibit was enormous, so we checked out the rest of the zoo before heading back to the penguins. Jack was particularly interested in the animals today. The gorilla, giraffe, lion, and brown were remarkably close to us. Jack also really enjoyed the birds today. We went into one of the exhibits and he wanted to sit down on the bench and watch them. He got himself up on the bench, and I had to use the opportunity to take some pictures.

odds n ends 006 odds n ends 005

The second picture is what he did when I asked him to smile. This is his new smile, a scrunched up nose and eyes. Now, where did he learn that?

When we finally made it back to the penguins, the line had died down and we were able to go in. It is a pretty cool exhibit, but we had trouble finding the penguins, at first. We should have just followed the crowd to the other end of the pool where they were all playing in the water!  By this time, Jack was pretty spent so I snapped a quick pic and we headed for home.

odds n ends 008 odds n ends 009

Finally, here is Jack resting in his favorite chair at home, sans clothes of course!

odds n ends 001

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space